|Name of Staff:||Charles Stephen Tundui|
|Date of Birth:||2nd November 1964|
|Current Position:||Ass. Professor, Consultant and Researcher|
|Years with the Employer||30|
|Contact:||Mobile:+255718664215 || +255754933012
Faculty of Social Sciences,
P.O.Box 5, Mzumbe – Morogoro Tanzania
1989 to-date: Member of Mzumbe University
2015- to date: Chairperson: Faculty Board –Faculty of Social Sciences- Mzumbe University
2015- to date: Member of Mzumbe University Senate.
- Economics, Project Planning, Management and Evaluation; and Microfinance.
- I have supervised over 50 Master degree dissertations
- Currently, I am supervising four PhD students
(iii) EXTERNAL EXAMINATION
- External Examiner: Institute of Rural Development (IRDP): 1998- 2002
- External Examiner: Tanzania Institute of Bankers (TIOB): 2004-2006
- External Examiner: University of Bradford –UK (for programmes offered at Mzumbe University -Dar Es Salaam Campus College): 2015- 2017.
- Ph.D (University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa), 2010.
- (National Development and Project Planning (Bradford, U.K), 1992.
- Advanced Diploma in Economic Planning (IDM- Mzumbe), 1989.
- Certificate in Local and Regional Development Planning (UNCRD Nairobi) 1995
- Microcredit Access and Growth of Women-owned enterprises in Tanzania. The case of Morogoro and Iringa Regions, 2008.
- An Assessment of the Potentials for the Adoption of Integrated Water Resource Management in River basins in Tanzania: The case of Kilombero and Wami-Ruvu Basins, 2005-2006.
- Challenges and Opportunities of E-Government in Tanzania: The Case of the Reformed Local Authorities of Mbeya, Arusha and Mwanza City Councils and Kinondoni Municipal Council, 2004.
- Child Labour and School Attendance in Tanzania, A case of Iringa and Morogoro Regions, 2004.
- Factors Determining Credit Access by Women Entrepreneurs in Tanzania: The Case of Kilimanjaro and Mbeya Regions, 2003.
2013: Preparation of Strategic Plan for Tandahimba District Council
2011: Preparation of Strategic Plan for Shinyanga Municipal Council
2010: Preparation of Strategic Plan for Arusha Technical College
2010: Preparation of Strategic Plan for Mkinga District Council
2006: Training on the Operationalisation of the Local Government Capital Development Grant: Local Authorities in Arusha and Mbeya Zones on the Operationalisation of the Local Government Capital Development Grant: Funded by the Local Government Reform Programme.
2005: Facilitating the Preparation of Strategic Plans for Second Phase Reforming Councils in Southern and Lake Zones: Funded by the Local Government Reform Programme.
2005: Training on Project Planning and Management for Food Security and Poverty Alleviation for SADC Countries, held at Mzumbe University in Tanzania.
2004: Training on Project Planning and Management for Food Security and Poverty Alleviation for SADC Countries, held at Mzumbe University in Tanzania. Clients- Various.
2003: Conducting Feasibility Study for Outsourcing of Ilala Municipal Council Revenue Sources (Markets, Flat rate Property tax and Signs and Billboards).
2003: Conducting an End of Project Evaluation for Tanzania Institute of Bankers Project Phase II. Client – DFID.
2002: Preparation of Strategic Plan for the Implementation of Zanzibar Population Policy funded by the Zanzibar Revolutionary Government - Population Unit.
- Acting Vice-Chancellor, Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor- Academics and Acting Deputy Vice-Chancellor- Administration and Finance at Mzumbe University from time to time.
- Dean: Faculty of Social Sciences: From January 2015 to date
- Associate Dean: Faculty of Social Sciences: From January 2012 to 2014.
- Head: Department of Economics:2010-2011
- Programme Coordinator for Advanced Diploma in Economic Planning and BSc. Economics Programmes: 2000-2007.
- Class Supervisor for Advanced Diploma in Economic Planning (ADEP I): 1993-1999.
- Acting Head: Economics Department - from time to time.
English Spoken: very good Written: Very good
Kiswahili Spoken: Very good Written: Very good
Word processing and various statistical packages